Thursday, January 18, 2007

FHE Lesson- Learning to Pray

Family Home Evening Lesson
"Learning to Pray"

Opening Song: “I Have Two Little Hands” (Children’s Song Book # 272)

Opening Prayer: Daddy

Lesson: Mommy

Learning to Pray
We Fold Our Arms- ask everyone in the room to show you how they fold their arms. (Coloring Page “We Fold Our Arms-Girls” or “We Fold Our Arms-Boys” - color and hang on the wall in bed room as a reminder)

We Close Our Eyes- ask everyone in the room to show you how they close their eyes. (Coloring Page “We Close Our Eyes-Girls” or “We Close Our Eyes-Boys”- color and hang on the wall in bed room as a reminder)

We Bow Our Head- ask everyone in the room to show you how they bow their head. (Coloring Page “We Bow Our Head-Girls” or “We Bow Our Head-Boys”- color and hang on the wall in bed room as a reminder)

Talk about being reverent and the importance of being reverent during prayers. Ask everyone how they can be more reverent and to promise to be more reverent especially during prayers. Coloring Page "I Can Be Reverent" - color and hang on the wall in bed room as a reminder)

Talk about the parts of prayer and display a "Prayer Train” to hang on the wall to help them learn how to pray. (I used this train and saved it into draw and edited it to have each phrase listed below in the cars. You could also just print the page and glue the phrases on.
“Dear Father in Heaven…”
“We thank thee…”
“We ask thee…”
“In the name of Jesus Christ”
“Amen.”

Closing Song: “A Prayer Song” (Children’s Song Book # 22)

Closing Prayer: Mommy

Treat: Microwave Chocolate Pudding

Microwave Chocolate Pudding Recipe

1/3 Cup Sugar
2 Tbs. Cocoa
3 Tbs. Corn Starch
¼ tsp. Salt
2 ¼ Cups Milk

Mix all ingredients well in a medium sized microwave safe bowl. Microwave for 5 minutes, stirring only once. Take pudding out of microwave and stir again. Microwave 1-2 minutes more, just until thick. Then stir in 1 tsp. Vanilla. Refrigerate until time to serve.

9 comments:

Katie said...

I already love your blog! This is exactly what I've been looking for. I can't wait to see more.

Anonymous said...

Thanx!! The prayer train was just what I needed for FHE tonight :)

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kris said...

Love the train!! Hope you don't mind if I use it for my Sunabeam lesson on prayer.

leslie jo said...

I am sooo excited for this site!

Faith said...

Nice post:)
If ever you need more coloring pages, here I found a cute one, http://thecolor.com

Unknown said...

I just found your blog and LOVE it! Just a little FYI...the links to the coloring pages on this post no longer exist.

I'm excited about your blog and am already putting in my Google Calendar different links to FHEs I want to do. I've been horrible about FHE.

Thanks!

PJ Day said...

Thank you for the great simple lessons. They are perfect for my 3 and 5 year olds Saves me so much time planning my lessons. I have used several of your lessons with great success. Thank you for sharing with all of us. 8-)

PJ Day said...
This comment has been removed by the author.