Saturday, May 12, 2007

FHE Lesson- I Can Use My Manners

Family Home Evening Lesson
I Can Use My Manners

Opening Song: “Kindness Begins with Me” (Children’s Song Book # 145)

Opening Prayer: Daddy

Lesson: Mommy

I Can Use My Manners:
Talk about what manners are. Explain that using manners helps us be kind and thankful. I shows others around us that we can be Christ like. It helps us feel closer to our Father in Heaven and keeps the spirit in our home and with us all day long. But, when we don’t use our manners and we are rude and selfish the spirit cannot abide with us and leaves our side. It is very important for us to remember to use our manners each and every day.

Activity: Manners Super Hero’s
Don't you just love super heroes? Wouldn't it be a great world if every one would act like a super hero? It would be easy to love one another if everyone acted like one. Well, we can't control the world but we can control ourselves.Now, a super hero doesn't have to be large and strong. He doesn't have to know how to fly or shoot webs from his hands, He only needs to treat others like Jesus would treat them. Having good manners shows others that we love them and that we believe they are special. There are six special rules we can learn to help us have good manners. These rules are like super heroes too. So, meet the GREATEST Super Heroes of ALL TIME!(Hold up each super hero and read the back)

Sing: “Smiles” and “A Smile Is Like the Sunshine” (Children’s Song Book # 267a) and (Children’s Song Book # 267b)

Closing Song: “I’m Trying to Be Like Jesus” (Children’s Song Book # 78)

Closing Prayer: Mommy

Treat: Chocolate Crinkles
Given by: Mom

½ cup shortening
1 2/3 cups sugar
2 teaspoons vanilla
2 eggs
2 1-oz squares unsweetened chocolate, melted
2 cups flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
½ teaspoon salt
1/3 cup milk
powdered sugar

Thoroughly cream shortening, sugar and vanilla. Beat in eggs, then melted chocolate. Add dry ingredients alternately with milk. Chill 3 hours. Form into 1-inch balls. Roll in powdered sugar. Place on cookie sheet 2 to 3 inches apart. Bake at 350º for 15 minutes.

(If you like them soft and chewy, bake them for around 12 minutes at the most.)

7 comments:

Curtis Salisbury said...

Thank you. This is a great FHE idea.

Mela said...

This is great! You even have it colored. Thank you so much for a simple and easy FHE for toddler age children.

JanelWarner said...

I got your blog from Malaan's blog. Hope you don't mind. My girls loves the family night. Thanks for the idea!

Michele said...

I think even my "older" kids will benefit from a refresher course on manners. They're probably gonna laugh at the superheroes, but I think they're too cute--and the concept of being polite is one that never gets old.

Scribbit said...

What a great idea for a blog--I'll have to bookmark you for sure!

Linda said...

I googled FHE on good manners and found this! Thanks so much my boys loved it!

Rahta said...

I loved it. It was so cute and easy for little kids to understand! Though I think you should and some 'bad guys'. Such as Sloppy Gloppy and Rude Dude or something like that.