Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Remember Jesus

Family Home Evening Lesson
Remember

Opening Song: "I feel my Saviours Love Children's Songbook #74

Opening Prayer: Child

Lesson: Daddy

Show a picture of Jesus. Ask how we remember him.
Read yourself or have an older child read the Sacrament Prayers from the scriptures (D&C 20:77, 79 - Our 8 year old did for us) Ask the children to guess what it is you are reading. (some of kids did, some knew it was familiar, but not sure)

Activity:

Now say you are going to play a memory game. Children have one minute to look at 10 items on a tray. Cover it up and have children write or draw or dictate to you what they remember on the tray. We made sure one of the items was a small picture of Jesus.

Our older girls wanted a go at being the person in charge of the tray, so we played 3 different versions of the game (allowing them to choose the items, but the ONLY Item that had to stay the same each time was the picture of Jesus)

We said that it is important to remember Jesus in our lives, even when it can be difficult. We must make room for and love Jesus.


Closing Song: "Tell me the Stories of Jesus" Children's Songbook #57


Closing Prayer: Child

Treat:

8 comments:

Crafty Mommy Diva said...

I like this one, simple but powerful point

Thackeray's said...

Perfect for my family. This is what we'll be doing tonight!

Nurture Mama said...

This is a great lesson. We did it tonight (and then I blogged about it). Thanks for sharing your ideas!

Jo said...

Thanks for the idea!! It is so cute -my kids will love that it involves a game! I'm going to try it out next Monday.

Anonymous said...

I haven't ever commented before, but I wanted to today. Thanks so much for all of your fun ideas! Your site is the first place I go when I'm putting together FHE for my fam. I loved this idea! Short and sweet, but powerful. Thank you!

Crafty Mommy Diva said...

I have chosen you for a Best Blog Award. Please stop by my blog for instructions.

http://craftymommydiva.blogspot.com/2010/01/first-blog-award-woo-hoo.html

Shepherd Family ACALPM said...

Love the Memory game idea...Thanks for sharing!

Lacy said...

I am not on the ball for family home evening and am excited that this will work with my no prep time. thankyou!